Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Finals

Again, no suspense. A mixed result: the band did not place in the top three, but our great guitar player, Matt Kelley, won the best guitarist prize. He received a custom Gibson ES 335 from Gibson and a brand spanking new amp. I could not be more proud.

As for the rest of the band, well, I guess we'll lick our wounds and head back to the Zoo Bar. It was an amazing experience, but I don't think I could ever put myself through it again, it was just too trying.

I can't wait to see Sue, the girls and the grandkids, so I'm very happy to be heading home.

Congrats to Matt Kelley!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all of you - you did a great job! And we can't wait to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Matt on the win, and the rest of you for doing so well! Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you. I don't know anyone else who has kept his dream so alive. Don't kid yourself, it takes something very great to pull a world class band together and keep it going. Yay for you and yay for Matt. Travel safe and know that to me you are and will always be King of the Blues.

    Love,

    Griz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bret-
    Ya know top 10 out of all those bands from all over the world...that in and of itself is to me almost unbelievable..don't know if I could pull off that feat. I've personally known several top ten finalists and that exposure gave them incredible advantages as their futures unfolded so hopefully that will happen to you guys also. Plus meeting the XM guy will open new doors. I'm enormously proud to know you and the guys and have had our life paths cross.

    TR

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say you did OK ... a Top 10 is nothing to sneeze at,,, or sneer at ... LOL...

    Congrats & see you soon,

    Jon (C)

    ReplyDelete